Touring our #1 town of the year, from Whiskey Row to Iron Springs Cafe.
- Written by John Langellier
- Published January 10, 2012
Touring our #1 Town of the year, Prescott, Arizona.
1. Hit the 1877 Palace Saloon on legendary Whiskey Row and belly up to the bar where Buckey O’Neill and his Troop A of the Rough Riders hoisted a final toast before heading to Cuba. It’s also where the classic donnybrook was filmed for Steve McQueen’s Junior Bonner.
2. Head down the street for some of the best ribs in Arizona at Pearl’s Place Cafe, where the sides are almost as good as the pulled pork.
3. If it’s a top microbrew you’re searching for, Prescott Brewing Company on Gurley Street was recently voted number one in the Grand Canyon State. Plus, it has one of the best lists of single malt Scotch whiskeys from Nogales to the Grand Canyon.
4. Don’t miss the Courthouse Plaza just across the street. During the Christmas season, the plaza is especially magical—it glitters with lights from every tree and offers an old-time atmosphere Dickens would have loved.
5. Around the corner from the plaza, the Antique Row on Cortez Street features collectibles ranging from Victorian finery to Wild West gear.
6. Looking for a place to stay that harkens back to the classic era of steam locomotives and Harvey Girls?...
The full text of this article is available to registered users of TrueWestMagazine.com. Register now!
Registration is FREE and takes only a few seconds to complete. If you are already registered on TrueWestMagazine.com, please log in below.
SUBSCRIBE today and save!
Get instant access to subscriber content on TrueWestMagazine.com!
When it comes to keeping the lore of the West alive, nobody does it better. True West readers get the no-holds-barred, straight shootin' facts about the West from our staff of experts and historians.
(Newsstand cover price--$71.88)
(Newsstand cover price--$143.76)
(Newsstand cover price--$215.64) BEST OFFER!
After subscribing, just come back here and register with us by clicking on the register link below.